- Thrive on people-first culture and working closely with both stakeholders/clients and the development team to solve real business problems and create great products.
- Solid abilities in object-oriented programming, architecture and passion for learning new languages and technologies. Proficient with C# and HTML/CSS/jQuery. Understanding of HTTP and REST.
- Love nailing solutions especially when there are challenges that require creativity while mitigating risk with the technology that is the best fit, whether open source or not.
- .NET 4.5 C#, ASP.NET MVC
- HTML5, CSS, jQuery
- Visual Studio
- Agile Scrum
- Test First Development
- Fluent NHibernate
- SQL Server, Oracle
- Ruby on Rails
- Team Foundation Server
Washington, D.C. (remote)2013-Present
Consulting as a software developer on various clients and projects.
- Contributed to development efforts on a Windows Store app. Technologies used: WinJS/WinRT, SharePoint
Contributed to development efforts on various web applications. Technologies used: C#, Entity Framwork Code-First, Bootstrap.js
- Refactored a legacy data model to use a more DDD design implemented with Entity Framework Code-First
Played key role in answering a startup's performance questions about their SaaS web application. Technologies used: C#, Visual Studio load testing
- Built a scratch-made load test suite that could be run using Microsoft's Team Foundation Service cloud load testing
- Presented analysis and recommendations to the VP and leads
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
Able to work independently within the NCARB technology framework. Provide software engineering expertise for multiple software development initiatives. Responsible for communicating with technical team members regarding best practices, performance and technology implementation.
Initiated implementation of intern evaluation tool. Technologies used: C#, Unity 2.0, Fluent NHibernate, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET MVC4
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through by recommending and promoting a better solution for the new evaluation report which resulted in a different feature roadmap and satisfied stakeholders.
Lead development effort for critical time sheet feature for an on-time and critically acclaimed release. Technologies used: C#, Unity 2.0, Fluent NHibernate, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET MVC3, Backbone.js, jQuery, HTML5, CSS
- Created reusable widget that sent and received JSON data over RESTful HTTP requests.
- Promoted the use of Backbone.js to the development team through a presentation and mentorship.
Implmented payment ledger integration between new and legacy system. Technologies used: C#, NServiceBus, Unity 2.0, Fluent NHibernate, Oracle 10g, ASP.NET MVC4
- Exceeded expectations spending extra time with stakeholders to ensure a deep understanding of the business domain.
Played key role in front-end development of experience reporting web application. Technologies used: C#, NServiceBus, Unity 2.0, Fluent NHibernate, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET MVC3, jQuery, HTML5, CSS
- Successfully used Agile Scrum methodologies to strategically prioritized UI development stories while on a tight release deadline.
- Collaborated with an outsourced UX team to get UI design deliverables at the right times.
- Orachestrated implmentation details of the UX team's deliverables with the development team.
Lead development effort and mentoring for web front-end on single sign-on release. Technologies used: C#, Unity 2.0, Fluent NHibernate, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET MVC3, jQuery, HTML5, CSS
- Facilitated collaboration between between third-party UX team and the development team.
Started as an entry-level on-site developer but was able to work from home as a full-time telecommuter collaborating with team members all over the US. Learned .NET, C# and jQuery and some of the in-and-outs of the corporate world.
Played key role in development of a user administration web application. Technologies used: C#, Fluent NHibernate, Oracle 10g, ASP.NET WebForms, HTML, CSS
- Researched and introduced NHibernate and Fluent NHibernate to the team.
Played key role in development of a HR compensation assessment web application. Technologies used: C#, Oracle 10g, ASP.NET WebForms, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Learned and championed jQuery to the team to meet a customer request for web UI performance improvements which increased UI performance and enhanced the user experience.
- Added client web service requests to external systems which decreased HR analyst processing time from three weeks to less than two weeks.
Completed first project on an R&D team researching Cisco router configuration through software. Technologies used: Java
- Implemented code against Netconf API with a device policy management package enabling policies to be successfully configured on Cisco routers.
Web Developer & Salesman
Designed and constructed website for displaying and managing piano inventory which increased piano sales by 47% from 2002-2005.